Dreamforce is fast approaching so we asked the team for their top 8 insider tips to make this year’s Dreamforce a success for you.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You are going to be walking a lot between sessions, to evening events, and perhaps to/from your hotel to break thru some of the traffic jams.
- Drink plenty of water. Hydration is key to keeping alert.
- Plan your schedule and register in advance. Many of the popular sessions reach capacity quickly. But don’t despair, if there is a session you couldn’t register in advance, just show up 30 minutes before. If there are no-shows, then you are in. If it’s still full then have a Plan B session to attend, or hit the Cloud Expo.
- Don’t try to do everything. Focus on sessions and activities you can only do at Dreamforce.
- Over-estimate time in your schedule to get from building to building (using our handy walking distance chart: ( Dreamforce walking guide ) and don’t overbook yourself. Leave time to reflect, meet some new people and just have fun.
- Stream the keynotes on your laptop in your hotel room. Chances are you are going to be so far back in the keynote room that a laptop experience will be much more calm. Only exception – Marc Benioff’s session is a must attend in person. You never know who will be one of his guests.
- Leave your laptop in you room and use your mobile device, iPad or go old school with a pen and paper. Take copious notes and share broadly. Check the Dreamforce social media sites for all the latest happenings especially #DF16 on Twitter.
- The Dreamforce Mobile App (Salesforce Events) is your go-to guide for navigating Dreamforce. Find real time information on everything about Dreamforce in one convenient place.
Bonus tip: Make sure you have backup power; you don’t want to be sitting on a floor tied to a power outlet while your mobile device recharges
Dreamforce isn’t just about Salesforce technology, it’s an immersive learning experience. Get out of your comfort zone and take in something completely different. Make sure you stay through the Friday morning sessions, there are some great personal growth sessions.
Salesforce Events '16 (iOS) - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforce-events-16/id1021413071?mt=8
Salesforce Events (Android) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.salesforce.dreamforce&hl=en